Receptionist – Columbia Office (full-time)
Turbeville Insurance Agency is seeking a friendly, self-motivated candidate to serve as the Receptionist at the Columbia office. The receptionist is the face of our organization and the first person clients and vendors will meet when they walk through the door! Your goal is to create a positive impression to guests, clients, and those who call the office on behalf of the agency. This position is also integral to company operations as an in-house agency processor and includes on-the-job training. In addition to a welcoming voice and friendly disposition, the front desk employee must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
The following is a list of the essential functions of this position. This list is intended to be representative of the tasks peformed within the position description but is not limited to:
- Answer calls
- Sort and scan mail
- Prepare outgoing mail, distribute incoming messages
- Forward direct billing payments to carriers
- Provide basic instruction to vendors
- Manage office supplies requests
- Basic claims support
- Scan, attach and update Claim Activity reports.
- Perform additional duties or tasks at the direction of Agency Management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of administrative experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of MS Office Products, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- High School Diploma Required
- College Degree Preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to: walk; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, step stools, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear; able to push and pull doors. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and team lift in excess of 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Turbeville Insurance Agency is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Chris Scott (Personnel Director). email@example.com